Monday, March 13, 2017
Rumors (3-13-17) Things you Overheard in Taverns and on the Street
1. "Long Mustaches are all the rage in the western coast nation of Highwater right now, especially in the Capital. They say even King Samuel wears one.
Bah! Only criminals wear long mustaches here on the East Coast. Maybe manacles will be in style next season!"
-Lady Susah Callista Duane
2. Nixt time yur in deh Auld King's district on Baegoth street, check ot' deh "gnollies and clam sauce" at thur Gold'n Knot. Shoo, it's pricey foo shood, but it's the best kind o' eetin.
- Andrade Grogwater
3. I is busy wif' lookin for the bloke who be killin people's dogs in the Souf village district. You know anyfin?
4. I was at the Crying Moose Tavern about two weeks ago when some Dwarf lit up a flaming axe and cut up a bunch of those Firstborn of the Stars cult guys. There were about ten of them and he cut them down like twiglings. There's a huge reward for his capture, but even the city guard is afraid to pursue the matter further.
- Ren Starkey
5. The wedding of Lord Heir Steward Johann Palphrey of Ellieth Shann to Princess Ellarhen of Highwater couldn't come at a better time. An alliance between the two wealthiest nations in Errith will help stabilize the economy with the threat of war loomin on the horizon.
-Lord Horux Wilder
6. Some of the officers of the Firstborn of the Stars cult have started to make bids for Senate seats here in Ellieth Shann. It seems crazy, but between the threat of looming war from the north, the tragic attack on the Temple of Sulah, and the elfish residents of the Aelth district wanting a larger share of the representation among the delegation, the highly militant and very pro-elf Firstborn movement might have a real chance of gaining a great deal of power.
- Historian Talem Coltree
7. Nobody believes me, but I saw some guy dressed in black, trimmed with silver who had black smoke coming out of his clothes spreading like ink in water. He was standing in the cemetary behind the old orphan house on Copper Street.
- Kagin the Traveler
8. A foreign investor has been buying up all the buildings in the old slum of Aelth's Gate for top coin! I sold that old money pit, 'The Noble Clam" for a fortune. Next week, the Mrs. and I are moving to a cottage near Glever's Gulp Falls where we can retire in style!
9. There's a guy in a Red cloak who has been giving the orphans of the city food, supplies, and coin enough buy passage across the Sea of Baegoth where he has promised them a new life.
10. No one knows who attacked the Temple of Sulah, but it has been whispered among the ruling class to be an opening act of war from the Red army up north. Nothing lasts forever I suppose.
-Lady Rullah Whatley